Friday 27 March 2009

They're here!!!

The slings have finally arrived! Unfortunately though, as I mentioned yesterday, the Brachypelma albiceps was indeed out of stock, so I have had to pick a replacement.

The decision was between the Ceratogyrus darlingi (Eastern Horned Baboon) and the Avicularia purpurea (Purple Pink Toe), but I finally chose the Avic because I'm already getting a horned baboon, and I would like an arboreal spider for my collection too.

I wasn't actually a fan of the Avicularia genus until today. I never really understood what all the fuss was about, but as soon as I saw the spiderling with its little feet I couldn't resist.

My first observations of my spiderlings are that the Ceratogyrus marhsalli (Straight Horned Baboon) is going to be a bit of a lunatic! It spend about five minutes doing laps of it's new home before finally settling down. Everything else is pretty calm, but I'm looking forward to feeding night tomorrow!

Unfortunately there are no pictures yet, they will hopefully come tomorrow when I am able to get some natural light into my room to take some good photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment