Monday 7 December 2009

A little update

Contrary to my last but one post stating that I was not going to be getting any more T’s, I have!

I have acquired a Theraphosa blondi (not a spiderling, about 5-6” leg span) and a Aphonopelma chalcodes (again, not a spiderling, perhaps 3-4” leg span). The former was my combined early birthday and Christmas present, although part payed for by me as I got rid of my Emperor Scorpions to help pay for it. The latter was a combined anniversary and Christmas present for my Dad!

On the spiderling front, I have had two moults recently. My H.lividum and C.marshalli have both moulted in the last two weeks or so. The H.lividum is living right at the bottom of its pot, so photo opportunities are completely impossible, and I have taken some pics of C.marshalli, which if I can find my camera I shall upload tomorrow! I’ve also been practicing some different methods of photo taking so there may be some other photos as well!

An interesting fact for you all though! Two of my slings, G.pulchra and E.vulpinus have not moulted now for five whole months! G.pulchra is just eating and eating and eating, and E.vulpinus has finally gone off its food so I’m hoping it has gone into pre-moult. I don’t really like all this waiting around for slings to moult!

No comments:

Post a Comment