Friday 17 April 2009

Another day, another moult!

Well I had a great day out today. I went with my mum to West Midland Safari Park which was excellent. They have an excellent variety of animals in the safari park itself, and for £4 extra you can get driven around in a mini bus with a guided tour, and you get taken up close and personal with the animals.

But what is really worth mentioning is the Reptile House. They have a brilliant collection including Reticulated Pythons, Green Anacondas, Alligators, Crocodiles, Rattlesnakes and Cobras. But what is even more impressive is their enclosures, they were first class.

They also have a Goliath (Theraphosa blondi) there, but unfortunately it was hidden away so I only got to see its back legs! :(

Anyway, back on track.

When I came home I found that another one of my slings had moulted! This time, it was my Euathlus vulpinus (Chile Occelated). The moult itself was in excellent condition (perhaps my G.pulchra should take note!), and I managed to fool my parents that I had got the sling out for a play, so that was a bonus.

I'm also thinking that my Cyclosternum Fasciatum and Avicularia purpurea have entered pre-moult. Both of them are reliable eaters, but neither has eaten in the past two attempts.

I'll be getting pics up tomorrow of the three recently moulted slings; B.emilia, G.pulchra and E.vulpinus.

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent idea for a blog and very nicely executed! I am going to be following your adventures witht he slings Kurt. All the best and keep up the good work with the T's.

    Charles

    ReplyDelete